Monday, October 10, 2011

what it means for me to come to TLU


Living in a small town has its downsides and perks. Knowing that I never have to worry about traffic or knowing anybody is a plus, but everybody knowing everybody gets kind of annoying after awhile and see the same people and things everyday is pretty boring of course. In a town of 3,400 knowing everybody isn’t a big deal, but living in a small town isn’t the life style I wanted to live all my life. Getting out of my hometown is something few people in my high school actually don’t accomplish(which is sad to say). Me playing sports and going to college is something I enjoy and knowing that not many people from my old high school don’t have the chance to do that makes me feel even better getting out of that god forsaken place. I miss everybody, But coming to TLU is an experience I’ve been awaiting for and hopefully the upcoming year is something I wont ever forget.Playing football at the college level is something I never thought would happened after tearing my acl my junior year. Football hasn’t always been my passion, coming from a small town I played every sport there knowing it will just get me better and keep me active. During my junior year of football, I was getting calls from schools all over the country wanting to look at me for football(which was a big deal knowing hardly anybody in my hometown went anywhere for football). I had busted my butt that summer and was in the best shape of my life, but after a serious injury during football practice, I had to work 10 times harder to come back and help my team my senior year. TLU of course wasn’t my first choice, but after visiting the coaching staff and the people here I figured it would be the best choice to come here and try it out for a year to see how I like it. And so far I don’t regret my decision to come here knowing I make new experience’s everyday and go to a great school as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment